Our hostesses are the heart and soul of the company, they are in charge of managing the groups and making our guests fall in love with Mexico. They need to be curious, responsible, friendly, talkative, and cultured.
We don´t want conventional tour guides, we are looking for a hostess that can manage small and large groups, talk about almost anything and make our guests feel like they are hanging out with the Mexican version of Anthony Bourdain
1. Strong communication skills, we need you to be able to talk about a wide array of subjects like culture, food, history, politics, daily life and more.
2. Lots of energy and patience, our tours require you to walk a lot, speak loudly and be able to manage difficult clients with a smile on your face.
3. Improvisation skills. sometimes you´ll need to change the tour on the go.
4. Being able to read people, it´s one of the most important skills, you´ll need to read every guest and accommodate the tour to make them feel comfortable.
5. Organized and punctual. There´s no room for people who arrive late, you can NEVER be late, you´ll also need to send follow-up emails after the tour and organize your budget.
6. Lots of knowledge about the city, the food, and the streets.
7. You need to be able to work as a team with lots of people from the markets and street stalls, be comfortable at the subway, streets, and markets like La Merced and be open to hanging out with all kinds of people.
8. Good Instagram skills, you´ll be required to take pictures of guests, streets, and food.
9 . Be a Mexican woman and live in Mexico City.
11. Advance English.
10. We are a feminist company, with lots of social programs, we are looking for like-minded women who deeply care about making an impact and creating a better world. You´ll need to participate in these activities and donate part of your time to the social causes we support.
If you have what we need, ALL that we need, apply! This form needs to be answered in English.